Monday, February 20, 2012

Cinna Knots


My goal of this blog sincerely was to focus more on gardening and to excite me about healthy living, but lately I'm all about eating my feelings! So here is my little tidbit about gardening- Today, being Presidents Day, be sure to get your spring peas in the ground. I love Mountain Valley Seeds since they are not GMO.  

Back to the rolls-Thom loves when I make these rolls and I do it maybe once a year because they cause addiction. Saturday, I made a small batch for a meeting, and only gave Thom one and he wasn't too pleased. Then my good friend Haylee visited Saturday night and said, "Cynthia I've been thinking about your cinnamon things, and really want a cinnamon roll." So I decided to make them again. Let me know what you think.


CINNA KNOTS


Makes 3 dozen, about 5 dozen if made smaller (which I love them as little bites)
Ingredients
  • 3 eggs
  • 2/3 cup oil
  • 1 1/2 tbsp salt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 4 cups warm water
  • 8-9 cups flour
  • 2 heaping tbsp yeast

Sugar Mixture
  • 3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 1/2 tbsp cinnamon

Directions
  • Mix the following ingredients in an awesome mixer like a Kitchen Aid using the paddle attachment
    • 3 eggs
    • 2/3 cup oil
    • 2 tbsp salt
    • 1 cup sugar 
  • Once mixed, add 4 cups of warm/hot water (110 degrees)
  • Next add 4 cups flour while continuing to mix with paddle attachment
  • After mixed well, add 2 heaping tbsp yeast
  • Then add remaining 4 cups flour and mix well
  • The final dough should be sticky but not runny, add more flour if necessary to create sticky dough
  • Let dough rise in bowl for 30 minutes and punch down
  • Let dough rise again for 30 minutes and punch down
  • Place dough in clean bowl with a tbsp of oil at the bottom and let rise for 50 minutes
  • Remove dough ball from bowl and knead for five minutes, generously adding flour if needed to create smooth dough ball
  • Cut dough into smaller, more workable sections and then make dough pieces into balls a little larger than a golf ball.
  • Stretch and roll pieces into long, rope like strips
  • Dip strips in a bowl of melted butter then roll strips into sugar mixture making sure it is generously covered
  • Tie the long dough into several knots making a circle
  • Let the knots rise for 5-10 minutes on cookie sheet
  • Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325
  • Bake Cinna Knots for 15-20 minutes
  • Once cooked, place knots on parchment paper and scrape the leftover sugar mixture on top of the rolls

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. You are really amazing. :-) I love the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay.... YUM! I'm dying now. All I want to do is eat THIS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I think I just drooled a little bit at those pictures. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were amazing Cythnia!! You are the best cook.

    ReplyDelete