|Brad threw an avocado in the blender for a green smoothie|
As all my friends and family can tell you, I love my Blendtec! It truly is the most overworked appliance in my kitchen and worth every penny. We got ours August 2011 and used it over 500 times! I know this because of the counter feature.
Every morning we have green smoothies, even Bradley. I plop his big mug on the floor and he comes a crawlin'.
In the summer, I puree all remaining veggies and fruits and add them to my deep freezer. (Lay them flat so it is easier to stack and store.)
I also, make plenty of soups, or salad dressings that only take a whooping 75 seconds to make creamy and delicious.
But my favorite treat to make is for sure Lava Flows. I found a recipe that takes me back to Hawaii every time I drink it. (Recipe to be posted next time I make the Flows.)
If you don’t have this amazing machine, be sure to add it to your wish list. You may need to start a savings change jar, but it is well worth it!
Our Morning Smoothie
- Cup of frozen mixed berries
- 2 cups frozen spinach (I also add frozen veggies from last year's garden)
- 1/2 cup frozen kale
- Half a frozen banana, or pear, or a spoonful of orange concentrate to make it sweet
- 1/4 avocado (makes it creamy)
- 1 tsbp of raw coconut oil
- A scoop of a vanilla or chocolate Whey protein powder
- 2 cups cold water