So.... I'm super hesitant to post before pictures of my backyard because frankly, it needs a TON of work, and it may take years before I'm satisfied. That being said, I feel posting the befores will give motivation to creating a masterpiece. (Kind of like the weight loss photo....BTW don't expect those to EVER be posted on my blog.)
Thom (my darling husband) finally gave in to my constant pleading for a huge garden, and it only took two years of begging! Really though, he is a dear and keeps me grounded because if I had my way the whole backyard would turn into a farm. He wanted a 16x16 space- I, of course, wanted at least half the yard. We settled with a good chunk in the back stretching fence to fence. Total gardening space: 24x75 ft. (SCORE!)
OK...I can do this...just take a deep breath...Here is the before:
- Remove grow boxes, find new use
- Remove random metal poles in the yard
- Find a way to cover the 4 different fences
- Prune the overgrown Pear and Apple tree
- Remove Grass from garden area, till, add nutrients to soil
- Remove or find use for clothes line
- Create a structure for the grapes
- Create a outdoor living space
For the past three Saturdays, Thom and I have dug, removed, hauled, cut, plowed, filled, pruned and bruised (our bodies) and honestly...there isn't too much difference. So give us, what... 20 more Saturdays and I think it could be worthy of an after picture. HA!
Here are pictures from 3 awesome weekends in the yard.
|Here we go!|
|pruning and moving boxes to clothes line|
|Rest of the day spent at the dump (have about 4-5 more loads to go)|